Human Resources Support Specialist

Upcoming information session: Thursday, September 15th, 2022 at 4:00pm (online via Zoom)

Next start date: October 17th, 2022 - Next end date: TBD

Schedule: Weekdays 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
  • The HR Support Specialist AEC program is primarily directed at those who are looking to enter the workforce in the administrative field with a specialty in Human Resources, who are re-entering the workforce, or who are changing career paths.

    The program aims to give individuals the ability to provide administrative support in the various areas of human resources management in a bilingual work environment subject to frequent change. More specifically, the HR Support Specialist will acquire the skills to

    • assist the manager in the staffing process;
    • effectively use common software for a human resources environment;
    • apply the compensation procedure;
    • perform payroll operations;
    • participate in the application of the health and safety at work policy;
    • ensure the administrative management of the training;
    • maintain employee records;
    • assist the manager in the application and the respect of the laws related to the management of the human resources;
    • contribute to the management of the working relations
  • Career Outlook

    Graduates of this program will find employment in any type of business/organization in a range of economic sectors.  The level of responsibility will vary depending on the size and the organization of the business concerned. The job title will vary according to the industry and the job description can differ.  The following are some examples of possible job titles :

    Recruitment Assistant Human Resource Assistant
    HR Administrative Support Personnel or Staffing Clerk

    According to Emploi-Quebec, individuals seeking employment in the job sector pertaining to the Administrative Assistant in Human Resources AEC program are currently one of the highest in-demand throughout Quebec. Employment prospects for the Montérégie area are good.  

  • Targeted Clientele

    The HR Support Specialist AEC program is aimed primarily at individuals who are not currently working, who meet the admission criteria, and who wish to pursue a career in a sector that offers excellent long-term career prospects. It should also be noted that the work functions for this career require strong communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals who work in this field generally have the aptitudes to work independently and adapt to a variety of work situations.  

  • Courses

    The Human Resources Support Specialist Program consists of sixteen (13) credit courses and one (1) non-credit course, for a total of 810 hours.

    Credit courses:

    • 410-005-LA    Introduction to Organizational Structure and HRM  – 60 Hours
    • 410-160-LA    Information Technology for Human Resources  – 90 Hours    
    • 350-101-LA    Communication & Interpersonal skills  – 75 Hours   
    • 410-063-LA    Legal Aspect of Human Resources Management – 45 Hours 
    • 410-031-LA    Recruitment, Selection and Hiring – 60 Hours  
    • 410-032-LA    Compensation and Employee Benefits – 45 Hours
    • 410-107-LA    Introduction to Accounting – 60 Hours    
    • 410-106-LA    Payroll Processing – 45 Hours   
    • 602-105-LA    Revising French Business Texts – 45 Hours
    • 410-043-LA    Employee Training – 45 Hours    
    • 410-053-LA    Labour Relations – 45 Hours   
    • 410-054-LA    Occupational Health and Safety – 45 Hours    
    • 410-600-LA    Internship – 150 Hours    


  • Admission Requirements

    College Requirements

    1. Conversational French. The student’s level of competency will be assessed during the interview.
    2. English language skills deemed sufficient for college-level English Instruction. Students will be required to take an English language  admission exam. 
    3. Prospective candidates will be asked to submit curriculum vitae (CV) and may be interviewed prior to admission to the Program to verify their qualifications. 
    4. Potential candidates may be required to take an appropriate remedial course(s).
    Ministerial Requirements

    You are eligible to register in a program if you are a:

    • Canadian Citizen or
    • Permanent Resident or
    • Holder of a valid Student Visa

    And you can provide proof of previous studies deemed acceptable by the College, for example:

    • A Quebec Secondary V Diploma or a Diploma of Secondary Studies or equivalent scholarity or
    • A College Diploma or a University Degree or
    • An “Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec” or
    • Partial high school studies, coupled with a recommendation from a current or former employer that you would benefit from pursuing your education at the post-secondary level.

    And you meet one of the following three conditions:

    • You have not been a full-time student for at least two consecutive terms or one school year within the last 12 months.
    • You are part of an agreement between the College and an employer, or you are sponsored within the terms of a government program (for example: CSST, Emploi-Québec).
    • You have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread over a period of one year or more.

  • Cost

    • $30.00 Application fee (non-refundable)
    • $150.00 for registration fees (per semester)
    • $110.00 for Winter 2022 parking

    Further details

    Application Fee

    All new students must pay a $30.00 application fee the first time they register for a program.  This fee is non-refundable.

    Tuition / Registration Fees

    • Part-time: Students taking less than 180 course hours per semester in a program must pay $25.00 per course ($5.00 registration fee + $20.00 auxiliary services fee).
    • Full-time Students: Students taking 180 course hours (or more) per semester in a program must pay a registration fee of $150.00 ($20.00 registration fee + $130.00 auxiliary services).

    Please Note: If your student status changes within a given semester, from full-time to part-time, or from part-time to full-time, all fees will be recalculated. You will either be charged the difference or given a refund.

    Foreign Student Fee

    • Part-time: Foreign students must pay $29.48 per course hour.
    • Full-time: Foreign students must pay $6,059.00 per semester.

    Fees for Non-Residents of Québec*

    • Part-time: Non-resident students must pay $7.36 per course hour.
    • Full-time: Non-resident students must pay $1,508.00 per semester.
    • Students who can provide the official Birth Certificate from the Province of Québec are deemed to be residents of Québec for purposes of the regulations. No further documentation is required.
    • Students born outside the Province of Québec or Canada and who have been living in Québec for the past twelve months or longer can provide a copy of their valid Québec Medicare card and, if deemed necessary by Continuing Education, a copy of their 2015 “Property Tax Bill” or 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 “Rental Leases.”
    • Also considered as Québec residents are individuals who meet other criteria that allow them to be considered as Québec residents for purposes of exemptions from the non-resident fees. The type of acceptable documents vary, and details should be requested in each case by calling the Continuing Education office at (450) 672-7364.

    *Applicants Who Were Not Born in Québec

    As of the Fall 2000 semester, the Ministry of Education requires that new students, as well as students who are returning to study after an interruption or who have changed their program of study, will have to demonstrate that they are deemed residents of Québec in order to be exempt from new fees that apply only to non-residents of Québec. These new fees are required of non-residents who take any course or courses that are fully or partially subsidized by the government of Québec. The fees for non-residents will be applied according to the following schedule.


    A parking pass, parking tickets or a $6.00 cash payment are always required to enter the parking lot at Champlain Saint-Lambert.

    *Subject to change

    Where can you purchase your parking pass?

    Students can purchase their passes in the Continuing Education office (F151) starting August 15th (sold throughout the semester as well) Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

    What to bring when purchasing a parking pass?

    In order to purchase a parking pass, please bring:

    • the car registration
    • a valid driver's license
    • know your student number

    Students may only purchase a parking pass for their own use.

    List of prices for parking (tax included)
    • Annual pass: $195
    • Fall semester: $110
    • Monthly pass: $45
    • Book of 10 tickets: $40

    Note: The green 2021-2022 Annual and Semester 2 (S2) parking passes remain valid until August 30th, 2022.

    Course Withdrawal – Credit courses

    Students can officially withdraw from credit courses within the first 20% of the course. (Example: Within the first 9 hours of a 45 hour course, 12 hours of a 60 hour course, etc.). Courses which have been dropped officially within this timeframe will not appear on the student’s transcript. Students who are registered for 180 hours of courses during a given semester hold a full-time student status. Should a student choose to withdraw from a credit course(s) and as a result of this their student status changes, all fees will be recalculated. Students will either be charged the difference or sent a refund. If, after the official withdrawal date, students stop attending courses in which they are registered, they will receive the grade cumulated at the time they stopped attending.

    Also, by withdrawing from a course(s) within your Attestation program, it may make it difficult or impossible for you to continue with your program at that time or it may delay you in the completion of your program.

    To avoid academic consequences on your permanent record (such as a failing grade for a course you did not complete), you must withdraw officially before the withdrawal deadline for each course. Requests for official withdrawals must be done in writing. The appropriate form for withdrawal is available from the Continuing Education Office (F-107). You may also send an email indicating your intentions to withdraw to