Start date: TBD
End date: TBD
This course will introduce participants to the Python programming language and its basics. The goal of this course is for students to be able to write complete Python scripts that facilitate day-to-day tasks. The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Python
- Python standard data structures
- Control structures
- Python standard library
- Classes and introduction to object-oriented design
Number of participants: 6-12
Duration: 30 hours
This course will be delivered in association with:
This course is subsidized by Emploi-Quebec Montérégie. Candidates who wish to pay the subsidized fee must meet the criteria listed in the “Further details” section below. If deemed ineligible for the subsidized fee, candidates may still register at a self-financed rate, if space permits.
- Further details
You are eligible to take these courses if you live or work in the Montérégie territory, and you are:
- Currently working in the private sector;
- a seasonal worker on a temporary layoff;
- looking to upgrade your skills to maintain your job.
You are not eligible to take these courses if you are:
- employed in the public or para-public sector;
- a student;
- unemployed and/or receiving unemployment insurance or welfare;
- receiving CSST (worker’s compensation) or from the SAAQ.
- reorienting your career or are interested in taking a personal interest course.
Maximum of two (2) simultaneous courses per person.
Maximum of three (3) employees per place of employment.
- $30* (Subsidized rate)
- $625* (Self-financed rate)
*Subject to change.
- Further details
Fees must be paid at the time of registration. This can be done by cash, INTERAC, VISA or MASTERCARD.
There is a fee of $6.00* per day or you can purchase a special parking pass for the month, semester, or year. You must provide your license plate number in order to purchase your parking pass. Parking passes will be sold at the beginning of classes. No refunds on tickets or parking passes.
*Subject to change
Course Cancellation/Refund Policy
- 100% for courses cancelled by the College.
- 100% for withdrawal requests received before the first scheduled class.
- 50% for withdrawal requests received before the second class.
There is no refund for non-credit courses cancelled after the second class.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing (emails are accepted) and will be considered effective the date they are received by Continuing Education.
Note: Please allow at least three (3) weeks for the processing of your refund request.
The College reserves the right to cancel courses for administrative reasons such as insufficient enrollment. Students who have registered for a course which has been cancelled will be informed. They may select another course or have their fees refunded.