AWS Academy Cloud Foundations (ACF)
Start date: November 7, 2018
End date: November 18, 2018
Course hours: 20
AWS Academy Cloud Foundations is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support. Additionally, this course prepares students for the AWS Academy Cloud Computing Architecture course.
This is an entry-level course, but it assumes the following:
- General IT technical knowledge
- General IT business knowledge
This course is delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- LMS-hosted content
- Hands-On Labs
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Introduction to Cloud Economics
- AWS Global Infrastructure Overview
Module 2: AWS Core Services
- Core Service Introduction
- Compute Services
- Storage Services
- Amazon VPC
- Database Services
Module 3: AWS Security
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Access Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Trusted Advisor
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS Config
- AWS Day One Best Practice Review
- AWS Security and Compliance Programs
- AWS Security Resources
Module 4: AWS Architecting
- Introduction to the Well-Architected Framework
- Well-Architected Design Principles
- Understanding Reliability and High Availability
Module 5: Cloud Support
- Overview of AWS Technical Support Plans and Costs
- 800$* (or 700$* for Champlain graduates and current students)
*Subject to change.
- Further details
Fees must be paid at the time of registration. This can be done by cash, INTERAC, VISA or MASTERCARD.
There is a fee of $6.00* per day or you can purchase a special parking pass for the month, semester, or year. You must provide your license plate number in order to purchase your parking pass. Parking passes will be sold at the beginning of classes. No refunds on tickets or parking passes.
*Subject to change
- 100% for courses cancelled by the College.
- 100% for withdrawals before the first scheduled class.
- 50% for withdrawals before the second class.
- No refunds after the second class.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing and will be considered effective the date they are received by Continuing Education.
NOTE: PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST THREE (3) WEEKS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR REFUND REQUEST.