Start date: October 22, 2018
End date: July 12, 2019
Info Session: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
The HR Support Specialist AEC program is primarily directed at those who are looking to enter the workforce in the administrative field with a specialty in Human Resources, who are re-entering the workforce, or who are changing career paths.
The program aims to give individuals the ability to provide administrative support in the various areas of human resources management in a bilingual work environment subject to frequent change. More specifically, the HR Support Specialist will acquire the skills to
- assist the manager in the staffing process;
- effectively use common software for a human resources environment;
- apply the compensation procedure;
- perform payroll operations;
- participate in the application of the health and safety at work policy;
- ensure the administrative management of the training;
- maintain employee records;
- assist the manager in the application and the respect of the laws related to the management of the human resources;
- contribute to the management of the working relations
Graduates of this program will find employment in any type of business/organization in a range of economic sectors. The level of responsibility will vary depending on the size and the organization of the business concerned. The job title will vary according to the industry and the job description can differ. The following are some examples of possible job titles :
Recruitment Assistant Human Resource Assistant HR Administrative Support Personnel or Staffing Clerk
According to Emploi-Quebec, individuals seeking employment in the job sector pertaining to the Administrative Assistant in Human Resources AEC program are currently one of the highest in-demand throughout Quebec. Employment prospects for the Montérégie area are good.
The HR Support Specialist AEC program is aimed primarily at individuals who are not currently working, who meet the admission criteria, and who wish to pursue a career in a sector that offers excellent long-term career prospects. It should also be noted that the work functions for this career require strong communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals who work in this field generally have the aptitudes to work independently and adapt to a variety of work situations.
The Human Resources Support Specialist Program consists of sixteen (13) credit courses and one (1) non-credit course, for a total of 855 hours.
- 410-005-LA Introduction to Organizational Structure and HRM – 60 Hours
- 410-160-LA Information Technology for Human Resources – 90 Hours
- 350-101-LA Communication & Interpersonal skills – 75 Hours
- 410-063-LA Legal Aspect of Human Resources Management – 45 Hours
- 410-031-LA Recruitment, Selection and Hiring – 60 Hours
- 410-032-LA Compensation and Employee Benefits – 45 Hours
- 410-105-LA Introduction to Accounting – 60 Hours
- 410-106-LA Payroll Processing – 45 Hours
- 602-105-LA Revising French Business Texts – 45 Hours
- 410-043-LA Employee Training – 45 Hours
- 410-053-LA Labour Relations – 45 Hours
- 410-054-LA Occupational Health and Safety – 45 Hours
- 410-600-LA Internship – 150 Hours
- Student Success and Wellbeing – 45 Hours
- Conversational French. The student’s level of competency will be assessed during the interview.
- English language skills deemed sufficient for college-level English Instruction. Students will be required to take an English language admission exam.
- Prospective candidates will be asked to submit curriculum vitae (CV) and may be interviewed prior to admission to the Program to verify their qualifications.
- Potential candidates may be required to take an appropriate remedial course(s).
Moreover, this training is offered with the financial contribution of Emploi Québec; eligible candidates who wish to seek financial support from Emploi Québec will have to meet an Emploi Québec agent who will ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria established for Emploi Quebec’s Manpower Training Measures. Admissible candidates who do not meet Emploi Québec's criteria can choose to apply for the provincial government's student loans and bursaries or finance their own studies.
- Ministerial Requirements
You are eligible to register in a program if you are a:
- Canadian Citizen or
- Permanent Resident or
- Holder of a valid Student Visa
And you can provide proof of previous studies deemed acceptable by the College, for example:
- A Quebec Secondary V Diploma or a Diploma of Secondary Studies or equivalent scholarity or
- A College Diploma or a University Degree or
- An “Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec” or
- Partial high school studies, coupled with a recommendation from a current or former employer that you would benefit from pursuing your education at the post-secondary level.
And you meet one of the following three conditions:
- You have not been a full-time student for at least two consecutive terms or one school year within the last 12 months.
- You are part of an agreement between the College and an employer, or you are sponsored within the terms of a government program (for example: CSST, Emploi-Québec).
- You have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread over a period of one year or more.
The cost of this training is subsidized by Emploi Québec for students who meet Emploi Québec's criteria. To be admissible, students must have a referral from an Emploi Québec agent.
Students who are not being funded by Emploi Québec will pay the following costs:
- Further details
All new students must pay a $30.00 application fee the first time they register for a program. This fee is non-refundable.
Tuition / Registration Fees
- Part-time: Students taking less than 180 course hours per semester in a program must pay $25.00 per course ($5.00 registration fee + $20.00 auxiliary services fee).
- Full-time Students: Students taking 180 course hours (or more) per semester in a program must pay a registration fee of $145.00 ($20.00 registration fee + $125.00 auxiliary services).
Please Note: If your student status changes within a given semester, from full-time to part-time, or from part-time to full-time, all fees will be recalculated. You will either be charged the difference or given a refund.
Foreign Student Fee
- Part-time: Foreign students must pay $29.48 per course hour.
- Full-time: Foreign students must pay $6,059.00 per semester.
Fees for Non-Residents of Québec*
- Part-time: Non-resident students must pay $7.36 per course hour.
- Full-time: Non-resident students must pay $1,508.00 per semester.
- Students who can provide the official Birth Certificate from the Province of Québec are deemed to be residents of Québec for purposes of the regulations. No further documentation is required.
- Students born outside the Province of Québec or Canada and who have been living in Québec for the past twelve months or longer can provide a copy of their valid Québec Medicare card and, if deemed necessary by Continuing Education, a copy of their 2015 “Property Tax Bill” or 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 “Rental Leases.”
- Also considered as Québec residents are individuals who meet other criteria that allow them to be considered as Québec residents for purposes of exemptions from the non-resident fees. The type of acceptable documents vary, and details should be requested in each case by calling the Continuing Education office at (450) 672-7364.
*Applicants Who Were Not Born in Québec
As of the Fall 2000 semester, the Ministry of Education requires that new students, as well as students who are returning to study after an interruption or who have changed their program of study, will have to demonstrate that they are deemed residents of Québec in order to be exempt from new fees that apply only to non-residents of Québec. These new fees are required of non-residents who take any course or courses that are fully or partially subsidized by the government of Québec. The fees for non-residents will be applied according to the following schedule.
There is a fee of $6.00* per day or you can purchase a special parking pass for the month, semester, or year. You must provide your license plate number in order to purchase your parking pass. Parking passes will be sold at the beginning of classes. No refunds on tickets or parking passes.
*Subject to change