Cisco Certified Network Professional – Routing and Switching (AEC – LEA.CS)
Start date: February 20, 2017
End date: January 24, 2018
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday evenings and some Saturdays
This training program is open to all candidates who meet the admission requirements below.
The goal of this two-semester program is to develop students’ ability to plan, design, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks as well as collaborate with network professionals on advanced security, voice, wireless and video solutions.
Additionally, by providing students with the appropriate training, the program also aims at preparing graduates to successfully complete the three industry-recognized Cisco CCNP – Routing and Switching certification exams (300-101, 300-115, and 300-135).
Students will obtain sought-after skills in complex network troubleshooting which are critical for those seeking advancement in careers in the IT networking sector.
An advanced specialization such as the CCNP certification enhances employment prospects and career advancement possibilities for professionals already working in IT, specifically in the following positions:
|Network Administrator||Network Installation Manager|
|Network Manager||Network Operations Manager|
|Network Supervisor||Network Controller|
|Network Engineer||Network Analyst|
|Support Engineer||Systems Engineer|
To be admissible for this AEC program, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of the Règlement sur le régime des études collégiales that are in effect at the time of admission as well as the specific requirements.
Applicants must have a Quebec Secondary V Diploma OR a Diploma of Secondary Studies OR equivalent scholarity OR have instruction deemed acceptable by the College.
In addition, the applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
- The applicant’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year.
- The applicant is covered by an agreement entered into by the College and an employer or by a government program.
- The applicant has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies over a period of one year or more.
Students must demonstrate a knowledge level equivalent to the CCNA – Routing and Switching certification. The following are deemed equivalent:
- a valid CCNP (routing and switching) or CCIE certification;
- a valid CCNA (routing and switching) certification;
- an expired CCNA, CCNP, CCIE (routing and switching) certification or other network certifications deemed equivalent (applicants may be asked to write a qualifying exam);
- a completed program of studies containing CCNA level content (applicants may be asked to write a qualifying exam);
- previous professional experience involving CCNA level content (applicants may be asked to write a qualifying exam).
Applicants will be asked to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) and may be interviewed for English-language proficiency. Students must have attained a certain level of mastery of the English language, in order to be able to deal with the course content.
Potential candidates may be required to take an appropriate remedial course(s).
Please see admission criteria concerning programs.
The CCNP – Routing and Switching Program consists of five (5) credit courses, for a total of 375 hours.
- 420-937-LA Implementing Infrastructure Services – 45 Hours
- 420-938-LA Advanced IP Routing – 75 Hours
- 420-939-LA Advanced IP Switching – 75 Hours
- 420-940-LA Advanced IP Troubleshooting – 90 Hours
- 420-942-LA Implementing Complex IP Networks – 90 Hours
Note: If a student registered in this program withdraws, stops attending or does not succeed in a course which is a pre-requisite for a following course, the student’s status may change from full-time to part-time and consequently all fees will be recalculated. If the student’s status changes from full-time to part-time, he/she will be charged the difference.
Program Cost (Subject to change)
- $30.00 Application fee (non-refundable)
- $145.00 for registration fees (per semester, with 2 semesters total)
- $160.00 (approximately) for CCNP Routing and Switching – Official Certification Guide Library book set
- $100.00 – $200.00 for parking (if required)
I’m interested, but I already have experience
Champlain College Saint-Lambert will soon offer the same CCNP AEC through RAC, specifically for people who have a significant amount of work or life experience. It will take approximately 3 to 5 months to complete, and can be pursued even with a full-time job.