Champlain College Saint-Lambert is pleased to announce the launch of its newest AEC: Bureautique et immersion anglaise, offered through the financial participation of Emploi Québec. The program is designed specifically for unemployed adults in Monteregie who lack formal education or training in the administrative field. It aims to provide students with a formal education, while also offering them an opportunity to enhance their level of English, a combination that will give them an advantage when they seek to enter the workforce.
The program prepares students to be employed by various organizations and businesses related to different sectors of economic activity. Jobs in this field are currently in high demand, with an average salary between 15$ and 22$ an hour. Upon graduating, students will often find themselves working in the following positions: office clerk, secretary, office assistant, administrative support officer, administrative assistant.
An emphasis is placed on teaching students to adapt to new software quickly, which will facilitate the process of integrating into a new work environment. Automony and organization skills and are also reinforced. Once the program is complete, students will be able to:
- Exercise multiple administrative support tasks in an office environment;
- Write and revise administrative documents written in French and English;
- Design and implement pages for specialized documents or multimedia presentations;
- Support a business conversation or informal English to better serve customers;
- Handle the basic accounting tasks of an organization (invoicing and accounts payable).
If interested in this program, please visit our Bureautique et immersion anglaise page for more information, or to sign up for an upcoming info session. The program starts November 28th!